Family PIc April 2015

Family PIc April 2015

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Just one of the MANY perks of a homebirth/waterbirth...

Two evenings ago, Gregg came home from work and walked in the back door with a big grin on his face.  He had made a trip to Lowe's...

And he was carrying a large, heavy duty garden hose under one arm!

Gregg: "Hey, Honey!  I bought you a new waterhose!"

Me:  "Really!?!?  And it's GREEN so it matches the kitchen!  (I smiled really big back at him.)  Awww, that is so sweet...Thank you!"

Gregg poked out his chest and continued to grin like he was my knight in shining armor - my hopeless romantic... 

And, then we both burst out laughing!

Then, I told him I thought I'd finally figured out why he's REALLY so supportive of this whole homebirth/waterbirth thing - he gets a new garden hose out of the deal!  ;)  Meanwhile, I'M the one that gets to look forward to all the garden hose currently represents...

He agreed, and made sure he gave me a kiss...and thanked me for HIS new hose. :)

(For those who may be scratching their heads and wondering what in the world is up with the hose, let me explain.  In order to quickly fill the birthing tub for an impending waterbirth delivery at home, you must attach a NEW (for sanitary purposes) hose to your washing machine's hot water spigot.  You run the hose to the waiting tub...and voila!  Ready for action!) 

So, I didn't really think of it last time, but one of the MANY perks of homebirth/waterbirth, is that Gregg gets the excuse to buy a new garden hose.  :)



As you can guess by now, we're all getting pretty excited around here. Only a few more weeks to go.

I'm getting a little nervous...but I'm also getting pretty excited and anxious to hold Baby in my arms and kiss those sweet cheeks, and smell that new baby smell.  :)



1 comment: