Family PIc April 2015

Family PIc April 2015

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things He has laid on my heart and mind...

I'm working on writing some shorter posts...for several reasons:

A.  I don't have much time to write, but writing a little might be better than nothing at all.

B.  I don't want anyone to stop reading at the start of the 2nd paragraph.

C.  I think sometimes, saying things briefly can have a bigger impact.

But...this is hard for me.  I have this terrible habit - the NEED to explain myself!

Trying to get over that.   We'll see how it goes - hahaha!

So, here's just a few things that God has hit me with this week.  Things He has laid on my heart and mind...

1.  God loves me more than I can ever imagine, and, BECAUSE He loves me, He will discipline me.  It will hurt.  It's supposed to hurt.  Otherwise, I might not change my course in life.  For this, He is to be loved, adored, and feared (as in a form of awe).

2.  There are a million and one opportunities to minister and meet the needs of those around me.  It's impossible to meet them all!  Sometimes I feel guilty for this.  So, I must seek God's wisdom and let Him guide me to the opportunities where He wants to use me.  And, I need to be content meeting those specific needs.  Otherwise, it's just me on my own, seeking my own glory, instead of His.  And I don't want that.

3.  Deep down, I am a selfish woman.  God has been trying to refine me of my selfishness for years.  He has been heating me up, exposing me to extremes, and removing the dross...only to see still more impurities there to purge.  Selfishness keeps floating to the top - over and over - and He continues to refine me - over and over.  Too often, it's all about ME, when it really should be all about HIM.  I'm hoping, one day, He'll scrape the last bit of selfishness off as dross.

What has He laid on YOUR heart this week?  I'd love to hear what He's been up to where you are!




1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written truth! I needed to hear these things especially right now. Thank you so much. Love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete