Family PIc April 2015

Family PIc April 2015

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays


Day 2 of rain and dreary weather here. 

That means 2 days of not really wanting the kids to run and romp through the yard.

That means some wilder-than-normal kiddos!

That means 2 days of not seeing sunshine and feeling just a LITTLE. BIT. BLUE.

Don't get me wrong - I do really like rainy weather, b/c I know we so often need the rain.  And, if I could snuggle in a cozy chair, with a fluffy blanket, beside a nice window - and read a good Karen Kingsbury novel in peace and quiet - I might REALLY LOVE rainy weather. 

But, who has time for THAT?!?!?

So, all day yesterday (Monday), I kept replaying this song in my mind.  It fit my mood.  Mondays are always hard for us anyway.  As busy as our weekdays are, the weekends often seem to be that much busier.  And, I'm not a morning person - enough said.

I have always loved the sound of The Carpenters.  It's a very distinguished sound, don't you think?

So here's to rainy days and Mondays.  May I run to "the One who loves me."  (I know this isn't Who the song refers to, but it spoke volumes to me this morning when I listened to the words.  I hadn't heard the song in a looooong time.)

Thanks, Lord, for reminding me to run to You - through rainy days AND Mondays.

 

 
 
*** If I'm correct, this song came along 4 years before I was even born.  And, yet, I've known the words for as long as I can remember...  I remember standing in my garage at home, growing up, and singing at the top of my lungs - I loved the acoustics in the garage! And in the bathroom with the avocado green tile, toilet, and sink - flashback to the 70's :)
 
(NOTE:  I, in no way, endorse or condone any product/service commercial that Youtube may connect to this video.  I've seen 2 different commercials at the beginning when I viewed this one - one of which peeved me greatly...)

No comments:

Post a Comment