Family PIc April 2015

Family PIc April 2015

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beginning This Journey Called Blogging

Here I am...little 'ole me starting a blog. 

Something I vowed I'd never have time for...and, really, I don't!!

But, I always loved to journal as a child.  It helped me to see the positive things in life, to sort through fears, to vent my frustrations and disappointments,
and it brought me closer to God.

Since marrying the love of my life and adding children to our home, I have let many other things excuse me from keeping precious records of life - ordinary (and sometimes extraordinary) events that can be remembered in years to come.  I'm hoping this blog will help encourage me

to write,

to remember,

to reflect.

So, even if no one else ever reads this, or shows any interest in my ramblings...perhaps one day my children can treasure what these pages hold.

Of course, I hope and believe that God has an even bigger plan for this little space.  I'm praying that God will use what I share to encourage someone else.  To maybe...not only encourage...but perhaps somehow

to teach,

to show love,

to say "it's okay to say I don't have it all together!"

Because, let me just say from the beginning, that
I am very far from "having it all together."
 
Frankly, I hate the masks that we tend to habitually wear.  I can say "we" because my habit is to wear them, too!  You know, the masks that say, "I'm great!"  ...and you aren't really great at all, but you aren't sure anyone would really care or understand?  So, you just hold onto the mask, and move through life with very few moments where you feel that you can be "real."  And, just maybe, you forget - for a time -

what is "real".

My hope in this blog is that I will allow myself to be as real as possible.  Granted, it may take me a bit to remove some of the masks, because, well...old habits die hard!  But, God has been teaching me so much, especially in the past few years, about being real with Him and with those I encounter.

That's a scary thing for me. It's a place of extreme vulnerablity. But, it won't be the first time God has called me to do something scary...so welcome to the journey.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read what you have to write! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement - in so many ways! :)

      Delete